Sunday, March 14, 2010

Twinsies!















One of my favorite things about working at a creative place is being surrounded by so many creative people. However, that "perk" can occasionally backfire when you and your coworker find yourself wearing the exact same handmade outfit on the same day.

I imagine that this is a sentiment that Melanie Falick--the director of our craft list at STC--shared with me when she arrived at work last Thursday and found that we were wearing the exact same outfit. That morning, I had chosen to wear my handmade Alabama Chanin skirt from Alabama Stitch Book, while Melanie chose her handmade dress, featured in the just released Alabama Studio Style. Both garments, of course, were the same color, topped off with the same style of dark brown cardigan and brown boots.

I just have to say, we have excellent taste.

To top it all off, we were in meetings together all day long, prompting those who know us to openly rib and those who aren't as familiar to politely refrain from comment (though I'm sure they had to be wondering...what's up with these STC Craft people? Is there a uniform or something?) My favorite meeting of the day, however, was that afternoon at the offices of Bust Magazine where Debbie Stoller kindly agreed to document this day for us by taking a photo of me and Melanie on my phone. And thank goodness she did...who knows if this type of cosmic crafty coincidence will ever happen again?

2 comments:

  1. That is totally hysterical. I wish I could have been there to join in the ribbing!! :)

    ReplyDelete